The Reliable, Repeatable, Accurate Way to Check Bearings and Overall Vibration
Make go or no-go maintenance decisions with confidence. The Fluke 805 Vibration Meter is the most reliable vibration screening device available for frontline mechanical troubleshooting teams that need repeatable, severity-scaled readings of overall vibration and bearing condition.
What Makes the 805 the Best Choice?
- A meter – not a pen – that measures overall vibration as well as specific variables like bearing condition and temperature, to provide a more complete picture
- A combination vibration and force sensor tip that compensates for user variance (force or angle) yielding accurate, repeatable readings
- A four-level severity scale and onboard processor calculate bearing condition and overall vibration using easy-to-understand textual alerts (Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory, Unacceptable)
- Sensor sensitivity can read a wide range of frequencies (10 to 1,000 Hz and 4,000 to 20,000 Hz) covering most machine and component types
- Straight-forward user interface that minimizes the user inputs to RPM range and equipment type
Features and Benefits
- Innovative sensor design helps minimize measurement variations caused by device angle or contact pressure
- Consistent data quality at both low and high frequency ranges
- Four-level scale indicates severity of problems for overall vibration and bearing condition
- Exportable data via USB
- Trending in Microsoft® Excel using built-in templates
- Overall vibration measurement (10 Hz to 1,000 Hz) for acceleration, velocity and displacement units of measurement for a wide variety of machines
- Crest Factor+ provides reliable bearing assessment using direct sensor tip measurements between 4,000 Hz and 20,000 Hz
- Colored lighting system (green, red) and on-screen comments indicate how much pressure needs to be applied to take measurements
- Temperature measurement with Infrared Temperature Sensor increases diagnostic capabilities
- On-board memory holds up to 3,500 measurements
- Audio output for listening to bearing tones directly
- External accelerometer support for hard to reach locations
- Flashlight for viewing measurement locations in dark areas
- Large screen with high resolution for easy navigation and viewing
Use the 805 to check the following machine categories:
- Chillers (refrigeration)
- Cooling tower drives
- Centrifugal pumps
- Positive displacement pumps
- Air compressors
- Generic gearboxes (rolling element bearings)
- Machine tools (motor, gearboxes, spindles, etc.)
What is Crest Factor+?
Crest Factor+ is a new proprietary algorithm (or technology) that takes the confusion out of bearing assessment. The original Crest Factor is used by vibration analysts to identify bearing faults. It is defined as the ratio of the peak value/RMS value of a time domain vibration signal.
A key limitation of the original Crest Factor algorithm is that it does not increase linearly as the bearing degrades, making it very difficult to determine the severity of mechanical issues. In fact, the Crest Factor can actually decrease as a bearing nears catastrophic failure due to large RMS values.
In order to overcome this limitation, Fluke uses a proprietary algorithm known as Crest Factor+ (CF+). CF+ values range from 1 to 16. As the bearing condition worsens, the CF+ value increases, ensuring the user is easily able to recognize the severity of the problem. To make things even simpler, Fluke has also included a four-level severity scale that identifies the bearing health as Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory or Unacceptable.
Exporting and trending with the 805
Trending, or repeated vibration measurements kept in a spreadsheet over time, is the best method to track machine health. With 805 you can easily:
- Export your result to Excel through USB connection
- Trend the readings with the pre-built Microsoft® Excel templates and plot graphs
- Compare the overall vibration readings to ISO Standards
(10816-1, 10816-3, 10816-7)